working on a closed networkworking on a closed network - any recomendations

working on a closed networkworking on a closed network - any recomendations

goi.cto@gmail.com
Hi,

With all these new tools that are automatically downloading latest builds from the web. what is the best approach for developing on a closed (not connected) network?

Eran | CTO

Re: working on a closed networkworking on a closed network - any recomendations

Patrick Wendell
In general it's hard to do builds on machines that don't access the internet.

The most common thing in environments where building is happening
regularly is to set up and internal repositories (such as a nexus
repository) where dependencies can be added to that repository
manually. If it's just a one time build, I'd recommend building on a
machine that has internet access and then move the binaries.

This is a fairly general issue in modern build systems. I'd google
around for instructions in installing local repositories if you want
to go that route.

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM, goi cto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With all these new tools that are automatically downloading latest builds
> from the web. what is the best approach for developing on a closed (not
> connected) network?

> Eran | CTO

Re: working on a closed networkworking on a closed network - any recomendations

Christopher Nguyen

Eran, you could try what Patrick suggested, in detail: 1. Do a full build on a connected laptop, 2. Copy ~/.m2 and .ivy2 over, 3. Do mvn -o or sbt "set offline:=true" command; if that meets your needs.

Sent while mobile. Pls excuse typos etc.