[spark upgrade] Error communicating with MapOutputTracker when running test cases in latest spark

[spark upgrade] Error communicating with MapOutputTracker when running test cases in latest spark

amoc

I use

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/streaming/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/streaming/TestSuiteBase.scala

to help me with testing.

In spark 9.1 my tests depending on TestSuiteBase worked fine. As soon as I switched to latest (1.0.1) all tests fail. My sbt import is: "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-core" % "1.1.0-SNAPSHOT" % "provided"

One exception I get is:

Error communicating with MapOutputTracker

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Error communicating with MapOutputTracker ….

How can I fix this?

Found a thread on this error but not very helpful: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-dev/201405.mbox/%3Ctencent_6B37D69C54F76819509A5C4F@...%3E

-Adrian