spark 2.x design docs

Kamal7.Kumar

Hi ,

Can someone provide documents/links (apart from official documentation) for understanding internal workings of spark-core,

Document containing components pseudo codes, class diagrams, execution flows , etc.

Thanks, Kamal

"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."

Re: spark 2.x design docs

Vipul Rajan
https://github.com/JerryLead/SparkInternals/blob/master/EnglishVersion/2-JobLogicalPlan.md
This is pretty old. but it might help a little bit. I myself am going through the source code and trying to reverse engineer stuff. Let me know if you'd like to pool resources sometime.

Regards

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 11:35 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

RE: [External]Re: spark 2.x design docs

Kamal7.Kumar

Thanks Vipul,

I was looking specifically for documents spark committer use for reference.

Currently I’ve put custom logs in spark-core sources then building and running jobs on it.

Form printed logs I try to understand execution flows.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."

Re: [External]Re: spark 2.x design docs

Vipul Rajan
Yes,

I realize what you were looking for, I am also looking for the same docs. Haven't found em yet. Also, jacek laskowski's gitbooks are the next best thing to follow. If you haven't yet.

Regards

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:46 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Vipul,

I was looking specifically for documents spark committer use for reference.

Currently I’ve put custom logs in spark-core sources then building and running jobs on it.

Form printed logs I try to understand execution flows.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."

Re: [External]Re: spark 2.x design docs

Yeikel
I am also interested. Many of the docs/books that I've seen are practical/examples about usage rather than deep internals of Spark.

---- On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:12:12 -1100 [hidden email] wrote ----