same log4j slf4j error in spark 9.1

amoc

I recall someone from the Spark team (TD?) saying that Spark 9.1 will change the logger and the circular loop error between slf4j and log4j wouldn’t show up.

Yet on Spark 9.1 I still get

SLF4J: Detected both log4j-over-slf4j.jar AND slf4j-log4j12.jar on the class path, preempting StackOverflowError.

SLF4J: See also http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#log4jDelegationLoop for more details.

Any solutions?

-Adrian

Re: same log4j slf4j error in spark 9.1

Patrick Wendell
Hey Adrian,

If you are including log4j-over-slf4j.jar in your application, you'll
still need to manually exclude slf4j-log4j12.jar from Spark. However,
it should work once you do that. Before 0.9.1 you couldn't make it
work, even if you added an exclude.

- Patrick