apache thrift server

darkspark
I am trying to install apache thrift server . I installed spark,hadoop and yarn. I configured hive metastore and successfully started both metastore and hiveserver2: nohup hive --service metastore > /var/log/hive/metastore.log & nohup hive --service hiveserver2 > /var/log/hive/hiveserver2.log &

hiveserver2 now listens on port 10000.

when I am trying to start spark thrift server I am running : sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.bind.host ycsb-vanilla-master --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port 10001 but am unable to connect. I've seen that most of the examples use port 10000,but the port is already taken by hiveserver2.

Running beeline connects with : !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000

but unable to connect with : !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10001

Trying to connect with simba retrieves errornum=10061, What am I missing ?

Thanks :)

Re: apache thrift server

MidwestMike
I had some similar problems with the Simba driver before.   I was using the ODBC one, but make sure your config looks like this page.

https://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/5.0/datastax_enterprise/spark/simbaOdbcDriverConfigWindows.html

Notice selecting the authorization mechanism of "user" but leaving the user name blank (?!)