Which SQL flavor does Spark SQL follow?

Aakash Basu-2
Hi,

Wish to know, which type of SQL syntax is followed when we write a plain SQL query inside spark.sql? Is it MySQL or PGSQL? I know it isn't SQL Server or Oracle as while migrating, had to convert a lot of SQL functions.

Also if you can provide a documentation which clearly says the above would help.

Thanks,
AB

AB

Re: Which SQL flavor does Spark SQL follow?

Mich Talebzadeh
it closely follows Hive sql.

from the analytical functions its is similar to Oracle. Anyway if you know good SQL as opposed to Java programmer turned to SQL writer you should be OK.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com