What version of protobuf should I be using?

What version of protobuf should I be using?

Shay Seng
Hi.

I'm using Spark 0.8.0 and launching a AWS cluster using spark-ec2 script.

Typically I can launch spark-shell with no problem. However if I add protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar to my spark-classpath, I am not able to launch spark - the workers fail to connect and spark-shell quits.

If I do not add protobuf-java-2.5.0 to my path, I am unable to create a newBuilder for my proto...

??
shay

shay