What is an "analytics engine"?

Boris Gershfield
Hi,

I'm new to Apache Spark and am trying to write an essay about Big Data platforms.

On the Apache Spark homepage we are told that "Apache Spark™ is a unified analytics engine for large-scale data processing".

I don't fully understand the meaning of "engine" and nor can I find a standard definition of this term.

Please could you explain this term as you understand it.

Many thanks for your help.

Boris

回复:What is an "analytics engine"?

tianlangstudio
Hello, Sir
Engine means Spark has the feature to process data. But it is musted to be component with other for building data platform.

 Data Platform likes a car and Spark likes the motor.
I am wrong, Maybe.