What does Blockchain technology mean for Big Data? And how Hadoop/Spark will play role with it?

What does Blockchain technology mean for Big Data? And how Hadoop/Spark will play role with it?

Gaurav1809
Hi All,

Will Bigdata tools & technology work with Blockchain in future? Any possible
use cases that anyone is likely to face, please share.

Thanks
Gaurav

Re: What does Blockchain technology mean for Big Data? And how Hadoop/Spark will play role with it?

khajaasmath786
I am looking for same answer too .. will wait for response from other people

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 18, 2017, at 10:56 PM, Gaurav1809 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Will Bigdata tools & technology work with Blockchain in future? Any possible
> use cases that anyone is likely to face, please share.
>
> Thanks
> Gaurav

Re: What does Blockchain technology mean for Big Data? And how Hadoop/Spark will play role with it?

Vadim Semenov
I think it means that we can replace HDFS with a blockchain-based FS, and then offload some processing to smart contracts.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM, KhajaAsmath Mohammed <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am looking for same answer too .. will wait for response from other people

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 18, 2017, at 10:56 PM, Gaurav1809 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Will Bigdata tools & technology work with Blockchain in future? Any possible
> use cases that anyone is likely to face, please share.
>
> Thanks
> Gaurav

Re: What does Blockchain technology mean for Big Data? And how Hadoop/Spark will play role with it?

Ryan C. Kleck
IMO blockchain won’t be doing anything for big data anytime soon.  It is not distributed (it’s “decntralized”). All blockchain data is replicated to ALL nodes in the network. At the moment there is a game involving breeding cats that is already clogging up ethereum blockchain.  Blockchain might be able to replace YARN at some point but won’t be able to replace HDFS or MR or spark.

Regards,
Ryan Kleck