Watch "Airbus makes more of the sky with Spark - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem" on YouTube

Watch "Airbus makes more of the sky with Spark - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem" on YouTube

Zahid Rahman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶Java♡۶RMI ♡۶
Make Use Method {MUM}

Re: Watch "Airbus makes more of the sky with Spark - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem" on YouTube

Zahid Rahman
My motive is simple . I want you (spark product  experts user)  to challenge the reason given by Jesse Anderson for choosing flink over spark.

You know the saying keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer.
The video  only has  328 views.
It is a great educational tool to see a recent recent Use Case. Should be of compelling interest to anyone in this field. Commercial Companies do not often share or discuss their projects openly.

Incidentally Heathrow is the busiest airport in the world.
1. Because the emailing facility completed my sentence.

2. I think at Heathrow the gap is less than two minutes.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, 09:42 Jörg Strebel, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hallo!

Well, the title of the video is actually "Airbus makes more of the sky with Flink - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem"and it talks about Apache Flink and specifically not about Apache Spark.They excluded Spark Streaming for high latency reasons.

Why are you posting this video on a Spark mailing list?

Regards

J. Strebel

Am 25.04.20 um 05:07 schrieb Zahid Rahman:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶Java♡۶RMI ♡۶
Make Use Method {MUM}
--
Jörg Strebel
Aachener Straße 2
80804 München

RE: Watch "Airbus makes more of the sky with Spark - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem" on YouTube

Yeikel

Zahid,

Starting with Spark 2.3.0, the Spark team introduced an experimental feature called “Continuous Streaming”[1][2] to enter that space, but in general, Spark streaming operates using micro-batches while Flink operates using the Continuous Flow Operator model.

There are many resources online comparing the two but I am leaving you one[3] (old, but still relevant)  so you can start looking into it.

Note that while I am not a subject expert, that’s the basic explanation. Until recently we were not competing with Flink in that space, so it explains why Flink was preferred at the time and why it would still be preferred today. We will catch up eventually.

[1] https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/structured-streaming-programming-guide.html#continuous-processing

[2] https://databricks.com/blog/2018/03/20/low-latency-continuous-processing-mode-in-structured-streaming-in-apache-spark-2-3-0.html

[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzx-iE6RN4w&feature=emb_title

[...]

¯\_()_/¯
۶Java۶RMI ۶

Make Use Method {MUM}

--
Jörg Strebel
Aachener Straße 2
80804 München

Re: Watch "Airbus makes more of the sky with Spark - Jesse Anderson & Hassene Ben Salem" on YouTube

Holden Karau
Also it’s ok if Spark and Flink evolve in different directions, were both part of the same open source foundation. Sometimes being everything to everyone isn’t as important as being the best at what you need.

I like to think of our relationship with other Apache projects as less competitive and more cooperative, and focus on how can we make open source data tools successful.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 11:40 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Fuo Bol
@Sean Owen

Why did you  remove  email  [hidden email] following this query. ?

The two responses were then sent to a removed email account.

Sean Owen
It was not removed because of this e-mail, but many other spam and in
appropriate messages, from this and sock-puppet accounts. This one is
IMHO off-topic however.

Note that there are ways to detect when someone is signing up a sock
puppet account, and mods will ban both if so.

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM Fuo Bol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Sean Owen
>
> Why did you  remove  email  [hidden email] following this query. ?
>
> The two responses were then sent to a removed email account.

The query was commercially  hostile  but based on sound research.

The two responses were then sent to a removed email account.
The two accounts responded  and didn't  agree with you.

> Note that there are ways to detect when someone is signing up a sock
> puppet account, and mods will ban both if so.

RUBBISH !!!!

Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 at 7:39 PM