Using MatrixFactorizationModel as a feature extractor

Using MatrixFactorizationModel as a feature extractor

Corey Nolet
I'm trying to use the MatrixFactorizationModel to, for instance, determine the latent factors of a user or item that were not used in the training data of the model. I'm not as concerned about the rating as I am with the latent factors for the user/item.

Thanks!

Re: Using MatrixFactorizationModel as a feature extractor

Corey Nolet
I know that the algorithm itself is not able to extract features for a user that it was not trained on, however, I'm trying to find a way to compare users for similarity so that when I find a user that's really similar to another user, I can just use the similar user's recommendations until the other user gets worked into the model.