Truncate table

Amit Sharma
Hi, i have scenario where i have to read certain raw from a table and truncate the table and store the certain raws back to the table. I am doing below steps

1. reading certain raws in DF1 from cassandra table A.
2. saving into cassandra as override in table A

the problem is when I truncate the table at step 2 I will lose the data  in DF1 as it shows empty.
I have two solutions
1. Store the DF1 in another temp table before truncating table A
2. Cache DF1 before truncating.

Do we have any better solution ?

Thanks
Amit