Tree classifiers in MLib

Charles Earl
In the latest API docs off of the web page
I had not seen tree classifiers included.
Are there plans to include decision trees etc at some point. Is there an interest?

- Charles

Re: Tree classifiers in MLib

Evan R. Sparks
Yes - Manish Amde and Hirakendu Das have been working on a distributed tree classifier. We are taking the current version through large scale testing and expect to merge it into the master branch soon. I expect that ensembled tree learned (random forests, GBDTs) will follow shortly.

- Charles

Re: Tree classifiers in MLib

Debasish Das

Hi Evan,

Could you please point to the git repo for the decision tree classifier or the enhancement JIRA ?

Thanks.
Deb

- Charles

Re: Tree classifiers in MLib

Charles Earl
Evan,
As a follow up to Deb's request, is there a wiki page that might contain rough status of algorithm implementations that are under development or even relevant JIRAs?
Charles

- Charles

Re: Tree classifiers in MLib

Evan R. Sparks
Hi there,

The current status of improvements planned to MLlib/MLI are here: https://spark-project.atlassian.net/browse/MLI - we've not done a great job of maintaining this JIRA, but we'll plan to update soon.

The tree work is mostly happening here: https://github.com/manishamde/incubator-spark/tree/tree - we're currently working on large scale testing of the code for a single decision tree, and once that looks ready a PR into spark master will follow.

- Evan