Streaming Analytics/BI tool to connect Spark SQL

Streaming Analytics/BI tool to connect Spark SQL

umargeek
Hi All,

We are currently looking for real-time streaming analytics of data stored as
Spark SQL tables is there any external connectivity available to connect
with BI tools(Pentaho/Arcadia).

currently, we are storing data into the hive tables but its response on the
Arcadia dashboard is slow.

Looking for suggestions whether to move out from hive or any connectivity
for Spark SQL or to Ignite?

Thanks,
Umar

Re: Streaming Analytics/BI tool to connect Spark SQL

Pierce Lamb
Hi Umar,

While this answer is a bit dated, you make find it useful in diagnosing a store for Spark SQL tables:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/39753976/3723346

I don't know much about Pentaho or Arcadia, but I assume many of the listed options have a JDBC or ODBC client.

Hope this helps,

Pierce