Quantcast

Spark streaming + Kafka in Java - simple example

Spark streaming + Kafka in Java - simple example

g3kr
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am a newbie to Kafka + spark streaming + Java. I am learning the basics of these and in parallel trying to run a simple spark streaming program that reads from a kafka topic.
For this,  I cloned the spark repository from GitHub and I am trying to run the JavaDirectKafkaWordCount.java program.

I am facing issues resolving SparkConf and Durations library. Both of these import statements appear in red and so is the JavaStreamingContext class.

I am not sure how to resolve these dependensies in Maven

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gayatri