[Spark SQL]HiveQL and Spark SQL producing different results

[Spark SQL]HiveQL and Spark SQL producing different results

Ying Zhou
Hi,

I run some SQL using both Hive and Spark. Usually we get the same results. However when a window function is in the script Hive and Spark can produce different results. Is this intended behavior or either Hive or Spark has a bug?

Thanks,
Ying

Re: [Spark SQL]HiveQL and Spark SQL producing different results

imback82
Ying,
Can you share a query that produces different results?

Thanks,
Terry