Spark ML / ALS question

Steve Pruitt-2
I am having a little difficulty finding information on the ALS train(…) method in spark.ml.  Its unclear when to use it.  In the java doc, the parameters are undocumented.

What is difference between train(..) and fit(..).  When would do you use one or the other?

-S

Re: Spark ML / ALS question

srowen
There is only a fit() method in spark.ml's ALS

The older spark.mllib interface has a train() method. You'd generally use the spark.ml version.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 2:13 PM Steve Pruitt <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am having a little difficulty finding information on the ALS train(…) method in spark.ml.  Its unclear when to use it.  In the java doc, the parameters are undocumented.

What is difference between train(..) and fit(..).  When would do you use one or the other?

-S

Re: [EXTERNAL] - Re: Spark ML / ALS question

Steve Pruitt-2
Thanks, I confused myself.  I was looking at org.apache.spark.ml.recommendation.ALS Javadoc.  Not sure why it shows up.   I didn't notice the Developer API tag, so "fit" it is!

-S