Spark JDBC- OAUTH example

khajaasmath786
Hi,

I am looking for some information on how to read database which has oauth authentication with spark -jdbc. any links that point to this approach would be really helpful

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: Spark JDBC- OAUTH example

Gabor Somogyi
Not sure there is already a way. I'm just implementing JDBC connection provider which will make it available in 3.1. Just to be clear when the API is available custom connection provider must be implemented.

With actual Spark one can try to write a driver wrapper which does the authentication.

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, 19:55 KhajaAsmath Mohammed, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for some information on how to read database which has oauth authentication with spark -jdbc. any links that point to this approach would be really helpful

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: Spark JDBC- OAUTH example

ArtemisDev

I'm just curious in regard to what this JDBC connection provider does.  If just read data from a database to Spark, wouldn't it be just using the existing JDBC data source?  http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-data-sources-jdbc.html

BTW, OAuth is a web authentication protocol, not part of the JDBC.  If I understand this correctly, you use OAuth to gain user access at the web portal level, but use DBMS authentication at the JDBC level.

-- ND

On 9/30/20 2:11 PM, Gabor Somogyi wrote:
Not sure there is already a way. I'm just implementing JDBC connection provider which will make it available in 3.1. Just to be clear when the API is available custom connection provider must be implemented.

With actual Spark one can try to write a driver wrapper which does the authentication.

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020, 19:55 KhajaAsmath Mohammed, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for some information on how to read database which has oauth authentication with spark -jdbc. any links that point to this approach would be really helpful

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: Spark JDBC- OAUTH example

Gabor Somogyi
I know what you're writing, please check the code which will answer your questions: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/29024
The API provides quite a freedom when a custom provider is implemented.