Spark DataFrame/DataSet Wide Transformations

Spark DataFrame/DataSet Wide Transformations

Faiz Chachiya
Hello Team,

With RDDs it is pretty clear which operations would result in wide transformations and there are also options available to find out parent dependencies

I have been struggling to do the same with DataFrame/DataSet, I need your helping in finding out which operations may lead to wide transformations like (OrderBy) and if there is way to find out the parent dependencies.

There is one way to find out parent dependencies by converting the DF/DS to RDD and invoke the dependencies.

I hope my question is clear and would request your help with it.

Thanks,
Faiz

Thanks,
Faiz

Re: Spark DataFrame/DataSet Wide Transformations

Faiz Chachiya
Hi Hemant - Well it is pretty clear to me that conceptually the transformations would behave in similar way.

My question is how to identify the parent dependencies as you would typically do with RDD.

Thanks,
Faiz