Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Bartosz Konieczny
Hi,

Today I wanted to set up a development environment for GraphX and when I visited Maven central repository (https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-graphx) I saw that it was already available in 2.4.0 version. Does it mean that the new version of Apache Spark was released ? It seems quite surprising for me because I didn't find any release information and the 2.4 artifact was deployed 29/10/2018. Maybe somebody here has some explanation for that ?

Best regards,
Bartosz Konieczny.

Re: Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Matei Zaharia
Administrator
Hi Bartosz,

This is because the vote on 2.4 has passed (you can see the vote thread on the dev mailing list) and we are just working to get the release into various channels (Maven, PyPI, etc), which can take some time. Expect to see an announcement soon once that’s done.

Matei

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 7:14 AM, Bartosz Konieczny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I wanted to set up a development environment for GraphX and when I visited Maven central repository (https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-graphx) I saw that it was already available in 2.4.0 version. Does it mean that the new version of Apache Spark was released ? It seems quite surprising for me because I didn't find any release information and the 2.4 artifact was deployed 29/10/2018. Maybe somebody here has some explanation for that ?
>
> Best regards,
> Bartosz Konieczny.

Re: Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Bartosz Konieczny
Hi Matei,

Thanks for your answer, it's much clearer now. I was not aware about the time needed for the release preparation.

Best regards,
Bartosz.