Set up spark cluster without root access

Set up spark cluster without root access

Matthew Cheah
Hi everyone,

My team is going to be using a cluster from elsewhere, and we intend to set up Spark on it. However, we will not be given root access to the machines.

Will this hinder our setup of Spark in any way?

Thanks,

-Matt Cheah

Re: Set up spark cluster without root access

Izhar ul Hassan
Hi,

No, you should be ok without root access if you dont install system-wide.

--
/Izhar