Running Apache Spark Streaming on the GraalVM Native Image

Running Apache Spark Streaming on the GraalVM Native Image

ivo.knabe@t-online.de

Hi guys,

so I want to get Apache Spark to run on the GraalVM Native Image in a simple single-node streaming application, but I get the following error, when trying to build the native image: (check attached file)

And as I researched online, there seems to be no successful combination of Spark and GraalVM Native Image. Did anyone ever succeed and how?

Best regards,

Ivo

Spark GraalVM Native Image Error (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Running Apache Spark Streaming on the GraalVM Native Image

Pasha Finkelshteyn
Hi Ivo,

I believe there's absolutely no way that Spark will work on GraalVM
Native Image because Spark generates code and loads classes in runtime,
while GraalVM Native Image works only in closed world and has no any way
to load classes which are not present in classpath at compie time.

On 20/07/01 09:56AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> so I want to get Apache Spark to run on the GraalVM Native Image in a
> simple single-node streaming application, but I get the following error,
> when trying to build the native image: (check attached file)
>
> And as I researched online, there seems to be no successful combination of
> Spark and GraalVM Native Image. Did anyone ever succeed and how?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ivo

Pasha

Big Data Tools @ JetBrains