Reading data from OpenTSDB or KairosDB

marko
Hello everyone,

I would like to know whether there is a way to read time-series data
from OpenTSDB (built on top of HBase) or KairosDB (built on top of
Cassandra) to a Spark DataFrame (or RDD's) ?

Best regards,
Marko

Re: Reading data from OpenTSDB or KairosDB

Jörn Franke
There are datasource for Cassandra and hbase, however I am not sure how useful they are, because then you need to do also implement the logic of opentsdb or kairosdb.

Better to implement your own data sources.
Then, there are several projects enabling timeseries queries in Spark, but I am not sure how much they are used. Additionally time series analysis may imply a lot of different functionality (eg matching time stamps), which those they may not have.

> On 21. Dec 2017, at 12:27, marko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know whether there is a way to read time-series data from OpenTSDB (built on top of HBase) or KairosDB (built on top of Cassandra) to a Spark DataFrame (or RDD's) ?
>
> Best regards,
> Marko

Re: Reading data from OpenTSDB or KairosDB

marko
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

And what do you think about approach of querying data using
OpenTSDB/KairosDB piece by piece, creating a dataframe for each piece,
and then making a union out of them?

This would enable us to store and query data as timeseries and process
it using Spark?

Best regards,
Marko