Re: Getting java.netUnknownHostException

Re: Getting java.netUnknownHostException

Mark Hamstra
Which Spark version?  The 'run' script no longer exists in current Spark.

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 4:57 AM, Rishi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am trying to run standalone mode of spark.
>
> I have 2 machines, A and B.
> I run master on machine A by running this command : ./run
> spark.deploy.master.Master
>
> I tried to run a worker on machine B by this command : ./run
> spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://<name>:7077
>
> But i am getting this error :
>
> java.netUnknownHostException System-erro
>
> How can I resolve this ?

Re: Getting java.netUnknownHostException

Khanderao kand
For "java.netUnknownHostException" Did you check something basic that you are able to connect to A from B? and checked /etc/hosts?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Mark Hamstra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Which Spark version?  The 'run' script no longer exists in current Spark.

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 4:57 AM, Rishi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am trying to run standalone mode of spark.
>
> I have 2 machines, A and B.
> I run master on machine A by running this command : ./run
> spark.deploy.master.Master
>
> I tried to run a worker on machine B by this command : ./run
> spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://<name>:7077
>
> But i am getting this error :
>
> java.netUnknownHostException System-erro
>
> How can I resolve this ?

Re: Getting java.netUnknownHostException

Archit Thakur
Try running ./bin/start-slave.sh 1 spark://A-IP:PORT.

Thx, Archit_Thakur.