[PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

[PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

Pascal Voitot Dev
Hi people,

Just to tell you that I wrote an article about my latest experiment about (at least trying) using Scalaz-Stream with Spark.

You can find the article here: http://mandubian.com/2014/02/13/zpark/

Best regards
Pascal

Re: [PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

Luis Ángel Vicente Sánchez

This is awesome! I was wondering how easy would be to use scalaz-stream with spark. It seems that I'm going to have a lot of fun with you repo this weekend :D

Best regards
Pascal

Re: [PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

Pascal Voitot Dev
Great!

This is draft code just made to experience the idea ;)
But it's pretty convincing that it can work!
Not exactly the same approach as DStream making it quite interesting in my opinion. There is a lot more to investigate.

Pascal

Pascal

Pascal

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Mark Hamstra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yup, that's pretty cool!  Nice work.  One niggle, though: Where you have "Ok folks, now, we have a discretized stream of Int..." I believe you mean "...stream of Long...."

yes you're completely right and have got good eyes ;)
(Actually I changed a few times the types so...)