NMF implementaion is Spark

Aureliano Buendia
Hi,

Is there an implementation for Nonnegative Matrix Factorization in Spark? I understand that MLlib comes with matrix factorization, but it does not seem to cover the nonnegative case.

Re: NMF implementaion is Spark

Xiangrui Meng
It is ALS with setNonnegative. -Xiangrui

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Aureliano Buendia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an implementation for Nonnegative Matrix Factorization in Spark? I
> understand that MLlib comes with matrix factorization, but it does not seem
> to cover the nonnegative case.

Re: NMF implementaion is Spark

sharif ghazzawi
Using the movieLens data, I load the data, set als.setNonnegative(true), generate the model. When I do a model.getUserFeatures().collect() or .getProductFeatures().collect(), I see negative values in the features.  Am I missing something?