Modifying examples and running on cluster

Modifying examples and running on cluster

agg212

I'm trying to simply modify the existing spark example (SparkPi) to just print out a different string and I'm running into some problems.  I changed the file (examples/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/examples/SparkPi.scala) and did sbt/sbt assembly and the the changes that I made are not actually executed. I also tried sbt/sbt package, and am not able to execute the updated file.  What do I need to do to modify and run the examples?

Thanks.