Lightbend Scala professional training & certification

Lightbend Scala professional training & certification

Mich Talebzadeh
Hi,

Has anyone had experience of taking training courses  with Lightbend training on Scala

I believe they are offering free Scala courses and certifications.

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Lightbend Scala professional training & certification

Som Lima
The end value is important  for me.

I think certification in commercial framework is most valuable for me.

What is free is the access to the framework. That is invaluable.

In the past Access to commercial frameworks was not possible .
One could only get it if a company sent you.

This involved one week intense training courses. costing in the order of  USD $3000. That is still the case. With Spring for example you can train freely and sit the certification for  minimal fee ($200) in the event a company doesn't send you on a one week USD $3000 course spring course.

ACCESS : Being able to download and install a commercial framework  is priceless.

I think  frameworks like Spark and accompanying mathematical  concepts cannot be learned in one week but highly achievable  for proficient  commercial development in two months. Resources for learning relevant maths are abundant. Actually relevant maths are encapsulated in  APIs.  That is Bad news for masters and phD mathematicians.

During one such one week course my colleague , an american outspoken type said .  he was right.  As it happened the framework fell short due to concepts I knew from commercial software development experience.

I would say certification in Java is only worth 1/10  to that of certification in a java framework like J2ee , spring , Spark.
Even certification as a DBA is more valuable than Language Certification because simply you can show you can operate equipment like a database.

With language certification you can build an IDE. Same as  people who buy a lathe the first thing they do is use it to build another Lathe.

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020, 13:09 Mich Talebzadeh, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't think that will be free!

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 13:01, Som Lima <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a databricks or other professional certification for Apache Spark  ?

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020, 11:29 Mich Talebzadeh, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had experience of taking training courses  with Lightbend training on Scala

I believe they are offering free Scala courses and certifications.

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Lightbend Scala professional training & certification

Som Lima
I think I am going to focus on spring boot and apache camel.

I'll do Apache spark in the back ground.

So see you.

I am going to unsubscribe here.