Join us for AMP Camp 4 on February 11 and enter to win a free Strata pass

Join us for AMP Camp 4 on February 11 and enter to win a free Strata pass

Scott walent

Hey,

We are excited that AMP Camp 4 is less than a month away!

AMP Camp 4 will be a compact one-day version of AMP Camp, consisting of two tutorials at 2014 Strata Conference in Santa Clara. Those tutorials will be run by PhD students and faculty from the UC Berkeley AMPLab and contain talks and hands-on exercises about the newest components of the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack (BDAS) that they are actively developing.

The first part of the two-part series will kick off with talks on Spark, Spark Streaming and Shark. We will then highlight three new components of the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack (BDAS). We’ll start with BlinkDB, an approximate query engine for running interactive SQL queries on large volumes of data. Second up will be MLBase, a platform for implementing and consuming machine learning algorithms at scale. Then Tachyon, a fault tolerant distributed in-memory file system.

Later in the day we will host hands-on training covering basic Spark, Shark and these new BDAS components. Each member of the training will be provided with access to their own EC2 cluster pre-loaded with datasets that they can use to run exercises utilizing these new technologies.

To sign up for AMP Camp 4, register with the Strata Conference and be sure to select the tutorials day. The folks at O’Reilly have been gracious enough to offer a 20% discount to the friends of the AMPLab.

Use the code AMP20 when registering to get 20% off your ticket price.

Lastly, we have a free 3-day conference pass to give out! If you can take a minute to fill out this short form (your emails will not be used for marketing purposes), you will be entered in a drawing to win a 3-day Strata Santa Clara pass. The winner will be able to join us for AMP Camp 4 and the following 2 days of Strata.

You can access the web form at: ampcamp.berkeley.edu/2014StrataPass

We are excited to share what we have been working on with you. Hope to see you there!

All the best,

Scott