[Java] impact of java 10 on spark dev

xmehaut
Hello,

i would like to know what coudl be the impacts of java 10+ on spark. I know
that spark is written in scala, but the last versions of java include many
improvements, especially in the jvm or in the delivery process (modules,
jit, memory mngt, ...) which could benefit to spark.

regards

Re: [Java] impact of java 10 on spark dev

Jörn Franke
First thing would be that scala supports them. Then for other things someone might need to redesign the Spark source code to leverage modules - this could be a rather handy feature to have a small but very well designed core (core, ml, graph etc) around which others write useful modules.