Is there any Spark source in Java

Soheil Pourbafrani
Hi, I want to customize some part of Spark. I was wondering if there any Spark source is written in Java language, or all the sources are in Scala language?

Re: Is there any Spark source in Java

Jeyhun Karimov
Hi Soheil,

From the spark github repo, you can find some classes implemented in Java:

Cheers,
Jeyhun

jgp

Re: Is there any Spark source in Java

jgp
I would take this one very closely to my heart :)

Look at:

And if the examples are too weird, have a look at:
http://jgp.net/book published at Manning

Feedback appreciated!

jg

On Nov 3, 2018, at 12:30, Jeyhun Karimov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Soheil,

From the spark github repo, you can find some classes implemented in Java:

Cheers,
Jeyhun

Hi, I want to customize some part of Spark. I was wondering if there any Spark source is written in Java language, or all the sources are in Scala language?

Hi, I want to customize some part of Spark. I was wondering if there any Spark source is written in Java language, or all the sources are in Scala language?

Re: Is there any Spark source in Java

Soheil Pourbafrani
Thanks,

I don't need sources for learning Spark.
I need some sources in Java language that I can implement new functions. For example, Spark has HashTF and I want to customize that in such a way:

public static class newHashingTF implements Something<String>

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 10:39 PM Chris Olivier <[hidden email]> wrote:
that’s a great link. thanks!

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM Jean Georges Perrin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would take this one very closely to my heart :)

Look at:

And if the examples are too weird, have a look at:
http://jgp.net/book published at Manning

Feedback appreciated!

jg

On Nov 3, 2018, at 12:30, Jeyhun Karimov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Soheil,

From the spark github repo, you can find some classes implemented in Java:

Cheers,
Jeyhun

Hi, I want to customize some part of Spark. I was wondering if there any Spark source is written in Java language, or all the sources are in Scala language?

Re: Is there any Spark source in Java

Holden Karau-2
Parts of it are indeed written in Java. You probably want to reach out to the developers list to talk about changing Spark.