How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
Hello List,

Is it possible to access Hive 2 through JDBC with Kerberos authentication from Apache Spark JDBC interface ? If it's possible do you have an example ?

I found this tickets on JIRA:

Do you know if there's a workaround for this ? Maybe using a third-party connection ?

Thank you so much

Daniel Mantovani

Re: How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

Gabor Somogyi
Hi Daniel,

I'm just working on the developer API where any custom JDBC connection provider(including Hive) can be added.
Not sure what you mean by third-party connection but AFAIK there is no workaround at the moment.

BR,

Daniel Mantovani

Re: How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
Hello Gabor,

I meant, third-party connector* not "connection".

Thank you so much!

Daniel Mantovani

Re: How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
One of my colleagues found this solution:

If you need to connect to Hive or Impala using JDBC with Kerberos authentication from Apache Spark, you can use it and will work.

You can download the driver from Cloudera here:

Daniel Mantovani

Daniel Mantovani

Re: How To Access Hive 2 Through JDBC Using Kerberos

Daniel de Oliveira Mantovani
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I found out today that actually my colleagues didn't make Spark work with Kerberos authentication for Hive JDBC.

Spark can't give Kerberos parameters to the executors.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.