Emacs Setup Anyone?

Steve Nunez
Anyone out there have a good configuration for emacs? Scala-mode sort of works, but I’d love to see a fully-supported spark-mode with an inferior shell. Searching didn’t turn up much of anything.

Any emacs users out there? What setup are you using?

Cheers,
- SteveN

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Emacs Setup Anyone?

Andrei
I have never tried Spark REPL from within Emacs, but I remember that switching from normal Python to Pyspark was as simple as changing interpreter name at the beginning of session. Seems like ensime [1] (together with ensime-emacs [2]) should be a good point to start. For example, take a look at ensime-sbt.el [3] that defines a number of Scala/SBT commands.

[1]: https://github.com/ensime/ensime-server
[2]: https://github.com/ensime/ensime-emacs
[3]: https://github.com/ensime/ensime-emacs/blob/master/ensime-sbt.el

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Steve Nunez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone out there have a good configuration for emacs? Scala-mode sort of works, but I’d love to see a fully-supported spark-mode with an inferior shell. Searching didn’t turn up much of anything.

Any emacs users out there? What setup are you using?

Cheers,
- SteveN

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Emacs Setup Anyone?

Prashant Sharma
Normally any setup that has inferior mode for scala repl will also support spark repl (with little or no modifications).

 Apart from that I personally use spark repl "normally" by invoking spark-shell in a shell in emacs, and I keep the scala tags(etags) for the spark loaded. With this setup it is kinda fast to do either tag prediction at point which is not accurate etc.. but its useful.

Incase you are working on building this(inferior mode for spark repl) for us, I can come up with a wishlist.

Prashant Sharma