Edge AI with Spark

Marco Sassarini
Hi,
I'd like to know if Spark supports edge AI: can Spark run on physical device such as mobile devices running Android/iOS?

Best regards,
Marco Sassarini

Marco Sassarini
Artificial Intelligence Department

office: +39 0434 562 978

www.overit.it

Re: Edge AI with Spark

ayan guha
Too broad a question ūüėÄ and the short answer¬†is yes and long answer is it depends.¬†

Essentially spark is a compute engine so it can be wrapped into any containerized model and deployed at the edge. I believe there are various implemntation available

Best Regards,
Ayan Guha

Re: Edge AI with Spark

Gourav Sengupta
hi,

its better to use lighter frameworks over edge. Some of the edge devices I work on run at over 40 to 50 degree celsius, therefore using lighter frameworks will be useful for the health of the device.

Regards,
Gourav

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 8:42 AM ayan guha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Too broad a question ūüėÄ and the short answer¬†is yes and long answer is it depends.¬†

Essentially spark is a compute engine so it can be wrapped into any containerized model and deployed at the edge. I believe there are various implemntation available

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 5:19 pm, Marco Sassarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know if Spark supports edge AI: can Spark

run on physical device such as mobile devices running Android/iOS?

Best regards,

Marco Sassarini

Marco Sassarini

Artificial

Intelligence Department

office: +39 0434 562 978

www.overit.it

Best Regards,
Ayan Guha

Re: Edge AI with Spark

Deepak Sharma
Near edge would work in this case.
On Edge doesn't makes much sense , specially if its distributed processing framework such as spark.