Drawing Big Data tech diagrams using Pen Tablets

Drawing Big Data tech diagrams using Pen Tablets

Mich Talebzadeh
Hi,

Sorry this question may not be related to Spark but sure many people use MS Visio or other graphics tools for architecture type diagrams with big data including Spark.

Visio is time consuming and cumbersome although that is what I use for tech diagrams. I tried Montblanc augmented paper but that is clumsy and expensive.

I was wondering if anyone has tried some tools like Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition Pen Tablet
or any similar tools for easier drawing and their recommendation?

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Drawing Big Data tech diagrams using Pen Tablets

Gourav Sengupta
Hi Mich,

does Apple iPad and Surface not have their own tools for this?

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:21 PM Mich Talebzadeh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry this question may not be related to Spark but sure many people use MS Visio or other graphics tools for architecture type diagrams with big data including Spark.

Visio is time consuming and cumbersome although that is what I use for tech diagrams. I tried Montblanc augmented paper but that is clumsy and expensive.

I was wondering if anyone has tried some tools like Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition Pen Tablet
or any similar tools for easier drawing and their recommendation?

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Drawing Big Data tech diagrams using Pen Tablets

Mich Talebzadeh
Hi Gourav,

I have an IPAD that my son uses it and not me (for games). I don't see much value in spending $$$ on Surface. Then I had montblanc augmented paper that kinf of impressive but not really that practical.

I have Visio 2010 and an upgrade to 2016 will cost good money. So I decided to get this pen tablet after seeing these diagrams. They are pretty cool

image.png

In UK it retails at £495 so not cheap but much cheaper than surface pro which is a premium brand.

Cheers,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 18:34, Gourav Sengupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

well, it may be possible to use just excel shapes ( and advanced shapes instead of draw.io). I think that free form, hand drawing and changing them to solid shapes with two taps in iPad apps and Surface apps render a fantastic expressive quality to diagrams. Ofcourse, as with everything, its a matter of choice.

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 7:45 PM Mich Talebzadeh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ayan guha
FWIW...I use draw.io and it is pretty neat........

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:46 AM, Gourav Sengupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best Regards,
Ayan Guha