Quantcast

Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

andy
Administrator
Hi folks,

We have seen a lot of community growth outside of the Bay Area and we are looking to help spur even more!

For starters, the organizers of the Spark meetups here in the Bay Area want to help anybody that is interested in setting up a meetup in a new city.

Some amazing Spark champions have stepped forward in Seattle, Vancouver, Boulder/Denver, and a few other areas already.

Right now, we are looking to connect with you Spark enthusiasts in NYC about helping to run an inaugural Spark Meetup in your area.

You can reply to me directly if you are interested and I can tell you about all of the resources we have to offer (speakers from the core community, a budget for food, help scheduling, etc.), and let's make this happen!

Andy

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Martin Goodson
How about London?

--
Martin Goodson  |  VP Data Science
(0)20 3397 1240

Andy

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

andy
Administrator

I'll reply to each of you off-list to coordinate next-steps for setting up a Spark meetup in your home area.

Thanks again, this is super exciting.

Andy

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Anurag Dodeja <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Chris Gore
We'd love to see a Spark user group in Los Angeles and connect with others working with it here.

Ping me if you're in the LA area and use Spark at your company ( [hidden email] ).

Chris

Retention Science
call: 734.272.3099
visit: Site | like: Facebook | follow: Twitter

On Mar 31, 2014, at 10:42 AM, Anurag Dodeja <[hidden email]> wrote:

How about Chicago?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Nan Zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Montreal or Toronto?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Martin Goodson <[hidden email]> wrote:
How about London?

--
Martin Goodson  |  VP Data Science
(0)20 3397 1240
<image.png>

[...]

Nick Chammas
Well, since this thread has played out as it has, lemme throw in a shout-out for Boston.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Chris Gore <[hidden email]> wrote:
We'd love to see a Spark user group in Los Angeles and connect with others working with it here.

Ping me if you're in the LA area and use Spark at your company ( [hidden email] ).

Chris

Retention Science
call: <a href="tel:734.272.3099" value="+17342723099" target="_blank">734.272.3099
[...]

François Le Lay
Hi Andy,

NYC speaking! Pretty sure we can come up with something here.
Let's discuss offline!

François

[...]

François /fly Le Lay
Data Infra Chapter Lead NYC
+1 (646)-656-0075

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Yana
Nicholas, I'm in Boston and would be interested in a Spark group. Not
sure if you know this -- there was a meetup that never got off the
ground. Anyway, I'd be +1 for attending. Not sure what is involved in
organizing. Seems a shame that a city like Boston doesn't have one.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Nicholas Chammas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> As in, I am interested in helping organize a Spark meetup in the Boston
> area.
>

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Nicholas Chammas
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well, since this thread has played out as it has, lemme throw in a
>> shout-out for Boston.
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Chris Gore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> We'd love to see a Spark user group in Los Angeles and connect with
>>> others working with it here.
>>>
>>> Ping me if you're in the LA area and use Spark at your company (
>>> [hidden email] ).
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> Retention Science
>>> call: 734.272.3099
>>> visit: Site | like: Facebook | follow: Twitter
>>>
>>> On Mar 31, 2014, at 10:42 AM, Anurag Dodeja <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How about Chicago?

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Jeremy Freeman
Happy to help with an NYC meet up (just emailed Andy). I recently moved to VA, but am back in NYC quite often, and have been turning several computational people at Columbia / NYU / Simons Foundation onto Spark; there'd definitely be interest in those communities.

-- Jeremy

---------------------
jeremy freeman, phd
neuroscientist
@thefreemanlab

wrote:

How about Chicago?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Nan Zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Montreal or Toronto?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Martin Goodson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

How about London?

--

<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Patrick Grinaway
Also in NYC, definitely interested in a spark meetup!

Sent from my iPhone

wrote:

How about Chicago?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Nan Zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Montreal or Toronto?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Martin Goodson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

How about London?

--

<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

giive chen
Hi Andy

We are from Taiwan. We are already planning to have a Spark meetup.
We already have some resources like place and food budget. But we do need some other resource.
Please contact me offline.

Thanks

Wisely Chen

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Andy Konwinski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

We have seen a lot of community growth outside of the Bay Area and we are looking to help spur even more!

For starters, the organizers of the Spark meetups here in the Bay Area want to help anybody that is interested in setting up a meetup in a new city.

Some amazing Spark champions have stepped forward in Seattle, Vancouver, Boulder/Denver, and a few other areas already.

Right now, we are looking to connect with you Spark enthusiasts in NYC about helping to run an inaugural Spark Meetup in your area.

You can reply to me directly if you are interested and I can tell you about all of the resources we have to offer (speakers from the core community, a budget for food, help scheduling, etc.), and let's make this happen!

Andy

Re: Calling Spark enthusiasts in NYC

Sonal Goyal
Hi Andy,

I would be interested in setting up a meetup in Delhi/NCR, India. Can you please let me know how to go about organizing it?

Best Regards,
Sonal
Nube Technologies