Appending column to a parquet

sk skk
Hi ,

I have two parquet files with different schemas based on unique I have to fetch one column value and append to all rows on the parquet file .

I tried join but I guess due to diff schema it’s not working . I can use withcolumn but can we get single value of a column and assign it to a literal as if I register it as a temp table and fetch that column value and assigning it to a string it is return a row to string schema and not getting a literal .

Is there a better way to handle this or how to get a literal value from temporary table .

Thank you ,
Sk