Apache Spark documentation on mllib's Kmeans doesn't jibe.

Apache Spark documentation on mllib's Kmeans doesn't jibe.

Michael Segel
Hi,

Just came across this while looking at the docs on how to use Spark’s Kmeans clustering.

Note: This appears to be true in both 2.1 and 2.2 documentation.

The overview page:

Here’ the example contains the following line:
val clusters = KMeans.train(parsedData, numClusters, numIterations)
I was trying to get more information on the train() method.
So I checked out the KMeans Scala API:

The issue is that I couldn’t find the train method…

So I thought I was slowly losing my mind.

I checked out the entire API page… could not find any API docs which describe the method train().

I ended up looking at the source code and found the method in the scala source code.

So the method(s) exist, but not covered in the Scala API doc.

How do you raise this as a ‘bug’ ?

Thx

-Mike

Re: Apache Spark documentation on mllib's Kmeans doesn't jibe.

Scott Reynolds

--

Scott Reynolds
Principal Engineer