Access to Applications metrics

Nick Dimiduk
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to get access to the detailed job/stage/task level metrics via the metrics system (JMX, Graphite, &c). I've enabled the wildcard sink and I do not see them. It seems these values are only available over http/json and to SparkListener instances, is this the case? Has anyone worked on a SparkListener that would bridge data from one to the other?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Access to Applications metrics

Nick Dimiduk
Bump.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to get access to the detailed job/stage/task level metrics via the metrics system (JMX, Graphite, &c). I've enabled the wildcard sink and I do not see them. It seems these values are only available over http/json and to SparkListener instances, is this the case? Has anyone worked on a SparkListener that would bridge data from one to the other?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Access to Applications metrics

Qiao, Richard

It works to collect Job level, through Jolokia java agent.

Best Regards

Richard

Re: Access to Applications metrics

Thakrar, Jayesh

You can also get the metrics from the Spark application events log file.

See https://www.slideshare.net/JayeshThakrar/apache-bigdata2017sparkprofiling

From: "Qiao, Richard" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM
To: Nick Dimiduk <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

It works to collect Job level, through Jolokia java agent.

Best Regards

Richard

Re: Access to Applications metrics

Holden Karau
I've done a SparkListener to record metrics for validation (it's a bit out of date). Are you just looking to have graphing/alerting set up on the Spark metrics?

From: "Qiao, Richard" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM
To: Nick Dimiduk <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>