[ANNOUNCE] Apache Spark 2.1.2

Holden Karau
We are happy to announce the availability of Spark 2.1.2!

Apache Spark 2.1.2 is a maintenance release, based on the branch-2.1 maintenance branch of Spark. We strongly recommend all 2.1.x users to upgrade to this stable release.

To download Apache Spark 2.1.2 visit http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html. This version of Spark is also available on Maven, CRAN archive* & PyPI.

We would like to acknowledge all community members for contributing patches to this release.

* SparkR can be manually downloaded from CRAN archive, and there are a few more minor packaging issues to be fixed to have SparkR fully available in CRAN, see SPARK-22344 for details.