[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

Hyukjin Kwon
We are excited to announce Spark 3.1.1 today.

Apache Spark 3.1.1 is the second release of the 3.x line. This release adds
Python type annotations and Python dependency management support as part of Project Zen.
Other major updates include improved ANSI SQL compliance support, history server support
in structured streaming, the general availability (GA) of Kubernetes and node decommissioning
in Kubernetes and Standalone. In addition, this release continues to focus on usability, stability,
and polish while resolving around 1500 tickets.

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and early feedback to
this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

To download Spark 3.1.1, head over to the download page:
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

Mich Talebzadeh
Great, let us take it for a test drive.

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 07:05, Takeshi Yamamuro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats, all!

Bests,
Takeshi

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:18 PM Mridul Muralidharan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Hyukjin and congratulations everyone on the release !

Regards,
Mridul

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 8:54 PM Yuming Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great work, Hyukjin!

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

AW: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

Bode, Meikel, NMA-CFD

Congrats!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

Gabor Somogyi
Good to hear and great work Hyukjin! 👏

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021, 11:15 Jungtaek Lim, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Hyukjin for driving the huge release, and thanks everyone for contributing the release!

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:54 PM angers zhu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great work, Hyukjin !

Bests,
Angers

Wenchen Fan <[hidden email]> 于2021年3月3日周三 下午5:02写道:
Great work and congrats!

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 3:51 PM Kent Yao <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats, all!

Bests,
Kent Yao
@ Data Science Center, Hangzhou Research Institute, NetEase Corp.
a spark enthusiast
kyuubiis a unified multi-tenant JDBC interface for large-scale data processing and analytics, built on top of Apache Spark.

spark-authorizerA Spark SQL extension which provides SQL Standard Authorization for Apache Spark.
spark-postgres A library for reading data from and transferring data to Postgres / Greenplum with Spark SQL and DataFrames, 10~100x faster.
spark-func-extrasA library that brings excellent and useful functions from various modern database management systems to Apache Spark.

On 03/3/2021 15:11[hidden email] wrote:
Great work and Congrats, all!

[...]

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.1.1

Felix Cheung
Congrats and thanks!