[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

Yuming Wang-2
Hi all,

To enable wide-scale community testing of the upcoming Spark 3.0 release, the Apache Spark community has posted a new preview release of Spark 3.0. This preview is not a stable release in terms of either API or functionality, but it is meant to give the community early access to try the code that will become Spark 3.0. If you would like to test the release, please download it, and send feedback using either the mailing lists or JIRA.

There are a lot of exciting new features added to Spark 3.0, including Dynamic Partition Pruning, Adaptive Query Execution, Accelerator-aware Scheduling, Data Source API with Catalog Supports, Vectorization in SparkR, support of Hadoop 3/JDK 11/Scala 2.12, and many more. For a full list of major features and changes in Spark 3.0.0-preview2, please check the thread(http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-feature-list-and-major-changes-td28050.html and http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-2-td28491.html).

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

To download Spark 3.0.0-preview2, head over to the download page: https://archive.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-3.0.0-preview2

Happy Holidays.

Yuming

Databricks Summit - Watch the talks

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

Star
Awesome work. Thanks and happy holidays~!

On 2019-12-25 04:52, Yuming Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> To enable wide-scale community testing of the upcoming Spark 3.0
> release, the Apache Spark community has posted a new preview release
> of Spark 3.0. This preview is not a stable release in terms of either
> API or functionality, but it is meant to give the community early
> access to try the code that will become Spark 3.0. If you would like
> to test the release, please download it, and send feedback using
> either the mailing lists [1] or JIRA [2].
>
> There are a lot of exciting new features added to Spark 3.0, including
> Dynamic Partition Pruning, Adaptive Query Execution, Accelerator-aware
> Scheduling, Data Source API with Catalog Supports, Vectorization in
> SparkR, support of Hadoop 3/JDK 11/Scala 2.12, and many more. For a
> full list of major features and changes in Spark 3.0.0-preview2,
> please check the
> thread(http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-feature-list-and-major-changes-td28050.html
> and
> http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-2-td28491.html).
>
> We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions
> and early feedback to this release. This release would not have been
> possible without you.
>
> To download Spark 3.0.0-preview2, head over to the download page:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-3.0.0-preview2
>
> Happy Holidays.
>
> Yuming
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://spark.apache.org/community.html
> [2]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Asummary-page

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

infaelance
Great job everyone !! Do we have any tentative GA dates yet?
Thanks and Regards,
Ajay.