ADD_JARS and jar dependencies in sbt

Aureliano Buendia
Hi,

It seems ADD_JARS can be used to add some jars to class path of spark-shell. This works in simple cases of a few jars. But what happens when those jars depend on other jars? Do we have to list them in ADD_JARS too?

Also, do we have to manually download the jars and keep them in parallel with sbt? Our spark app already uses sbt to maintain dependencies. Is there a way to tell spark-shell to use the jars downloaded by sbt?

Re: ADD_JARS and jar dependencies in sbt

Gary Malouf
In your own project, use something like the sbt-assembly plugin to build a jar of your code and all of it's dependencies.  Once you have that, use ADD_JARS to add that jar alone and you should be set.